• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Cannot locate series on chart to convert chart type

wsnyder

Hi all

Using Excel 2007

I found this great post for creating Excel 2007 bullet charts over at instantcognition.com

http://blog.instantcognition.com/visualization/2007/08/10/creating-bullet-charts-in-excel/

When I look at the chart data dialog, I see series 4 and series 5 listed but I cannot find the scatter plots on the chart so I can reformat them to stacked bars as per the tutorial

I appreciate any help

Thanks

Winston

Hi all,

After plotting the first set of data as scatter plot with line I was formatting and removing markers

So when I was adding the additional series I could not see the values at 25,25,25 as there was no line and the markers were set to none

After many hours of trying many different tactics, I finally stumbled onto my error.

Regards,

Winston

Winston

Another trick is to select any Series and then use the Up or Dowm arrows to scroll through each series, watching the Series Number (at the end of the Series Formula in the Formula Bar) and the selection tags at the same time

Thanks Hui,

I guess I need to create a troubleshooting checklist

I use the arrow keys to cycle through the chart elements all the time

In this case, I did not even think of it.

Thanks for the reminder

Kind regards,

Winston

Back