• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Cannot enable PowerPivot Tool

Renuka

I am exploring PowerPivot. I use Windows 7/Excel 2013.

I do not see the option indicated with 2 arrows in the attached picture. So how do I enable PowerPivot?

Please advise. Thank you.

Attachments

• pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 11
Note that for Excel 2013/Office 2013 you need certain license for PowerPivot.

Standalone Excel
Office 2013 Pro-Plus (Open, Select or EA licensing)
Office 365 ProPlus subscription

See Blog by Chris Webb for more detail on whats available for each license.
https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2013/02/01/office-2013-office-365-editions-and-bi-features/

Also take a look at the link near the bottom. "Troubleshooting: Power Pivot ribbon disappears"
https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...l-add-in-a891a66d-36e3-43fc-81e8-fc4798f39ea8

Also a way to get volume licensing for just $30 + the software of interest.
https://powerpivotpro.com/2013/02/g...-including-the-30-volume-licensing-workaround

Right click on the Ribbon
Customize the Ribbon
Select the Main Menu and enable Power Pivot & Power View
You should now have a Power Pivot Tab
upload_2017-2-24_22-28-17.png
This is a 2016 screen shot, 2013 should be similar, but may be different

Hi Renuka ,

In case you still have a problem with Power Pivot , please clarify from which computer you have posted the screenshot you uploaded in your initial post.

You mention that you do not see the option indicated by the two arrows ; you will see this only if Power Pivot is already active !

If you have only installed Power Pivot , and you have not yet activated it , you should see the same highlighted line in the lower section titled :

Inactive Application Add-ins

Have you verified that the Power Pivot file is present on the hard disk , in the required location ?

Can you see if this link helps ?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg413462(v=sql.110).aspx

Narayan

Right click on the Ribbon
Customize the Ribbon
Select the Main Menu and enable Power Pivot & Power View
You should now have a Power Pivot Tab
View attachment 38926
This is a 2016 screen shot, 2013 should be similar, but may be different

Thanks for your reply.

I do not see the "Power View" and "Power Pivot" options that you have highlighted.

Attaching a screenshot of the options I see.

Attachments

• pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 2
Hi Renuka ,

In case you still have a problem with Power Pivot , please clarify from which computer you have posted the screenshot you uploaded in your initial post.

You mention that you do not see the option indicated by the two arrows ; you will see this only if Power Pivot is already active !

If you have only installed Power Pivot , and you have not yet activated it , you should see the same highlighted line in the lower section titled :

Inactive Application Add-ins

Have you verified that the Power Pivot file is present on the hard disk , in the required location ?

Can you see if this link helps ?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg413462(v=sql.110).aspx

Narayan

Thanks for your reply. The screenshot I uploaded was from a tutorial. I just wanted to indicate what I was supposed to see but did not see.

Regarding the link you sent, I downloaded and installed Power Pivot as outlined. The installation went through properly.

I have Windows 7 64-Bit and Microsoft Office Standard 2013 32-Bit.

As Chihiro has suggested in the reply above, could this be the reason for my issue:

Note that for Excel 2013/Office 2013 you need certain license for PowerPivot.

Hi Renuka ,

1. Please upload a screenshot of what your version of Excel displays , when you select Options , Add-ins.

2. Excel 2013 stand-alone version is compatible with Power Pivot , and does not require any special licensing.

3. You have not confirmed whether your hard disk has the required Power Pivot file.

Narayan

Hi Renuka ,

1. Please upload a screenshot of what your version of Excel displays , when you select Options , Add-ins.

2. Excel 2013 stand-alone version is compatible with Power Pivot , and does not require any special licensing.

3. You have not confirmed whether your hard disk has the required Power Pivot file.

Narayan

Thanks for your reply.

Re. point 1, uploading the screenshot

Re. point 3, where should I check for the Power Pivot file? The installation went through properly without any errors.

As mentioned earlier:
I have Windows 7 64-Bit and Microsoft Office Standard 2013 32-Bit.
Attaching the screenshots to support this.

Attachments

• pic3.JPG
    pic3.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 1
  • Windows Version.png
    Windows Version.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Excel Version.png
    Excel Version.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 3
Back