• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Cancel currently-running Power Pivot update

ndrap

I have a very large model (too large, I understand my mistakes in creating this) which has a lot of the data in the Data Model. I tried to close the Power Pivot window and it attempted to autosave and update PivotTables, it has been stuck at 0 progress on this for about an hour, see attached photo. I have tried mashing esc, I have tried CTRL+Break, I will disable automatic update and calculation when I regain control of the program, but I cannot get it to stop the save/update process which is CURRENTLY running. I cannot just end the task because then I will have lost hours and hours of work. How do I cancel the save process so I can restructure the model to be more efficient before attempting to save/update again?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-21 161259.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-21 161259.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 5
You are out of luck. I'm afraid.

To avoid this, I generally recommend using Top 1000 etc in your query (or using filter in PQ). Once you are satisfied with the model structure and performance. You can save a backup copy as is with limited data and then bring in complete data required.

You are out of luck. I'm afraid.

To avoid this, I generally recommend using Top 1000 etc in your query (or using filter in PQ). Once you are satisfied with the model structure and performance. You can save a backup copy as is with limited data and then bring in complete data required.

Thank you. Eventually I just force quit the program and redid whatever work wasn't saved through the AutoRecovery function. The first 1,000 rows idea is a neat trick, I'll definitely make use of that going forward.

Back