• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Can VBA be used to place images inside a PDF???

Sam Ellis

Hey guys,
Is it possible to use VBA to place images inside an existing PDF with accuracy and precision? Even better, could VBA be used to place said images into an INDD file? If not, is there a different scripting language that is suited for such a task?

I’ve been creating print-advertising postcards for a realtor client, and the process is monotonous, so I’m desperate to automate my current workflow as much as possible.

I’d appreciate a push in the right direction or any thoughts all y’all may have.

Thank you!

It can be done. But you will need 3rd party library.
Such as... Adobe Acrobat SDK. Or any other PDF editor that exposes library component to reference in VBA.
Getting Started — Acrobat DC SDK (adobe.com)

For INDD, there is SDK as well.
Adobe InDesign CS6 VBScript Scripting Guide

Since this pertains to using VBA to work on licensed product, you may have better luck asking in Adobe community forum. I for one, don't have Adobe product, other than reader installed on my terminal.

It can be done. But you will need 3rd party library.
Such as... Adobe Acrobat SDK. Or any other PDF editor that exposes library component to reference in VBA.
Getting Started — Acrobat DC SDK (adobe.com)

For INDD, there is SDK as well.
Adobe InDesign CS6 VBScript Scripting Guide

Since this pertains to using VBA to work on licensed product, you may have better luck asking in Adobe community forum. I for one, don't have Adobe product, other than reader installed on my terminal.
Thank you for this! This gives me a place to start

Back