• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Can a Timeline slicer filter two date columns?

Christof

Hi I was wondering if it is possible to create some sort of DAX formula that will allow me to be able to select one date from a Date Timeline Slicer, and it will filter two different date columns.

What I need essentially (see attached report), is to be able to select a date, and the pivot table will display all bookings where the 'Pay Date' is on or before the date selected, and the 'Return Date' is after the selected date.

Is this possible?

Thanks
Chris

Attachments

• TwoDateDependants.xlsx
    831 KB · Views: 7
Not really, because that would cause data ambiguity by creating multiple path for relationship definition.
As well, slicer isn't meant for that sort of complex filtering operation.

In general, it isn't a good idea to use more than 1 date column in a fact table (especially where you want relationships built), though you could use USERRELATIONSHIP in measure, it can quickly get out of hand and will cause issues.

There may be a way, but what you are after, in my option isn't really for PowerBI or reporting tool. It's more of user interface app, like Excel etc.

Back