• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Calculation Help

Hi Team,

In the sheet attached, i am trying to calculate the revenue for a person i.e., rate * 8 * actual working days

In D2 of summary i added an if formula with the grade cell reference and multiplied it by 8 - it threw a error
In E2 the formula is the earlier version without cell reference, but i needed the cell reference as the rates are bound to change every quarter
The G column of the days spreadsheet is the the actual working days.

Can anybody please help me with this formula.

Regards,
Jagdish

Attachments

• Grade wise.xlsx
    30 KB · Views: 7
Where do these "strings" come from in col K ? The contents of each cell is 13 characters long ?
If you need to use them you should clean them up with a formula like =TRIM(CLEAN(SUBSTITUTE(K2,CHAR(160)," ")))
Now depending on your regional settings you just have to add 0 to the result, or, if you use non US settings, substitute the dot with a comma and add 0 ( with the SUBSTITUTE function)
Now instead of your long formula just use =INDEX($K$2:$K$8,MATCH($C2,$J$2:$J$8,0))*8 after replacing the values in col K with the ones I described before

Back