• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Calculating 4 Processors

Hi,

I was wondering if you had an experience or solutions with Excel prompting "Calculating: (4 Processor(s)): %" at the bottom right of the workbook? I created a forecast using SUMIFS function and thousands of rows of data and as a result, its really slow to calculate. I have my calculation in Manual mode and I thought it would help if I put the large amount of data in Access then link it to excel but that didn't work either. See attached image for example.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks,

Hunter

Attachments

• Calculating 4 Processors.jpg
    Calculating 4 Processors.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 17
Thanks for the tip David. You are correct, I am using the Today() function which might be slowing it down. However, I don't know how to use VBA for todays date as shown in the link you provided. I am using Excel 2013 and my model starts with a row 1/1/2015 and goes to 12/31/2015. I need to use an alternative to the Today function since it seems to be slowing my model down but I dont know how. Can you help? Also, I have formulas stating =if(today() <= a hard coded date in the header, then.... I need to make sure I can implement the alternative solution in my formulas.

I would really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,

Hunter

Hard code the value in a reference cell, and point any formulas that need to check the date to that one reference cell.

Can also use a macro to populate the current date as text into that reference cell when the workbook opens:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Range("SomeCell").Value = Date
End Sub

The above is cut from Charles Williams' file, worksheet "Volatile Functions" - =TODAY().
I'd be a little more thorough with my answer but I'm up against my own deadline here ... The lads from down under will be along shortly, and they are always helpful, if its all new to you ... I hope to be back later when I get home and settled ...:DD

Back