• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Calculated Fields in Pivot Tables

Hi,
I’m hoping someone can help with my pivot table query (I am struggling with what to enter into a calculated field in the pivot table – if indeed you can).

I’ve attached a spreadsheet that shows some data generated from a data set into a Pivot Table (the attached is not the pivot table but just shows what is in the pivot table).

If it is possible, I would like to add some columns to my pivot table that do the following
  • Show a column for the Accumulative Revenue i.e. adding the May revenue to the previous months revenue and so on (although the April figure in each year should remain the same as the figure in the Total Revenue column as that is the starting point in each year).
  • Another column for Accumulative Target – this would be 50% of the previous years total divided by 12 and shown as a monthly accumulative target.
  • A final column showing the % difference between actual and target.
I have no idea if this is possible and as I was typing it I assumed it isn’t and that I would just need to put it all in a table instead. However, if any of the very cleaver people on this forum can come up with any words of wisdom that would be great.

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• Adding formula to Pivot Table.xlsx
    9.7 KB · Views: 4
Peak Seagull
Do You try to ask to add to Your 'real' Pivot-table some columns ... without its data?
... it would be a challenge.
Would You update Your sample file with expected results with Your shown almost Pivot-table?
... Those Your named 'some' columns could add there without real Pivot-table.

Peak Seagull
Do You try to ask to add to Your 'real' Pivot-table some columns ... without its data?
... it would be a challenge.
Would You update Your sample file with expected results with Your shown almost Pivot-table?
... Those Your named 'some' columns could add there without real Pivot-table.
Hi - thanks for getting back to me on this.

I've given up on what I was trying to do and have managed a work around. I don't think you can do what I was originally trying to do.

Thanks again.
Peak Seagull

Peak Seagull
You are correct,
me or anybody cannot do it - if You won't give needed details.
Please, reread Forum Rules for Your next thread:
How to get the Best Results at Chandoo.org

Back