• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Calculate percentage of percentages

Visor

Dear forum friends, I would like you to help me, in a formula to calculate the percentage of items that are in percentages. I expect the result to be in cell E4.
Take into account that when each cell below E4 is 100% fulfilled, the value of E4 will increase until reaching 100% compliance. however what is happening is that it adds up to values greater than 100. such as 600 instead of 100.
The semaphores are also my limitation.
I hope I have explained well
I upload the file so you can see it

Attachments

• Porcentaje a 100 de items con porcentajes.xlsx
    12.4 KB · Views: 5
I think the idea of adding percentages in cell E4 is wrong

I think E4 should have the average of the cells below eg: =AVERAGE(E5:E11)

That shows that the project is 47% complete

You could also apply weightings to each component that will give components differing contributions to the total
eg:

I added a weight between 1 and 5 in Column D
This shows a weighted completion of 40.8%
using =SUMPRODUCT(E5:E11,D5:D11)/SUM(D5:D11)
upload_2018-4-12_11-37-33.png

Thank you Master Hui, the average, I had not seen, excellent! It is wrong to try to calculate the percentage of percentages.
But in the matter of applying weight, I lost myself there, in the calculations you have made.

upload_2018-4-12_8-5-42.png

Anyway, the weight would also put it in a subjective way when I put from 1 to 5

Typically you would use the Duration of each event as a weighting
That way an item with longer duration that is 50% complete has more impact than a short duration event which is 50% complete

You may use some other common measurement for all items a s a weighing factor

The formula for weighted average is

=Sumproduct(Percentage range , Weighting range)/sum(weighting range)

the weighting range does not have to add up to 100%

upload_2018-4-12_22-13-23.png
I have included all calcs in the attached

Attachments

• Copy of Porcentaje a 100 de items con porcentajes.xlsx
    11.9 KB · Views: 6
Thanks Maestri Hui, I think that the values must correspond and be automatic, if I put the 1 in weight the percentage of management increases, for this, .. for E5 to E11, =IF(C5=1;0.1;IF(C5=2;0.4;IF(C5=3;0.6;IF(C5=4;0.8;IF(C5=5;0.9;"")))))

although these two actually come to be the same for the average and evaluation of management compliance.
Also maybe I need another column for the function of time calculate an Expected Weight if it has been fulfilled by 50% but much later than in relation to the expected weight, then it gives me a clue to be able to place a subjectively Estimated Weight that is placed to personal criteria

Dear Master Hu, your guidance has led to certain issues and has become the problem in more complexity. But it seems that it is already taking more realistic form. and I thank you for that.
Taking into account date of beginning and date and days of delay that is estimated will end date of the result of the management. This would lead to have weighting of days of delay and missing days which calculates score of 1 to 5 calculated pnderacion and after taking into consideration some observations would have elements of judgment to place a weighting number of the progress of the management that leads to a percentage that is visually supported by color

I load de file

Attachments

• Control de avance de gestion.xlsx
    13.8 KB · Views: 3
Back