• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Break Time Calculation

Dinu Kunjunju

Hello Chandoo

I need your help to set up a break time calculation template. we have an access report which is provided by the Facility Team, with in this report each entry and exit of an employee is recorded as per the swipes into swipe machine. in the format of this report is too difficult and i need to calculate each employees total hours spending in the floor and total break timings on daily basis.

We will able to calculate the total hours from first entry and last exit of an employee and the break timings calculated from the entry and exit after excluding the first entry and last exit.

Can you help me to pull this data from the attached excel sheet, tried to pull this but i am failed. i need this in the format below:

Date employee id employee name Total Hours Break Timings

Thanks for your support as always.

Attachments

• Invista access granted report Dec 3.xls
    434.5 KB · Views: 9
My manager need a detailed report that's why I raised this again. in the previous report is excellent but we are unable to get the total working hours and break separately on date basis, it will only get the total hours deducting by breaks and breaks hours separately. also if anyone is logged out after 12.00 midnight the break time is showing 12+ hours.

Dinu Kunjunju
Is that the final needed layout?
There were daily working hours separate and total working hours.
Your also
... there were 'missing' logs
... breaks has calculated between logout and login (daily)
... working hours has calculated between login and logout
... if there are 'night-shifts' then those should KNOW - not guess!
... all logs can see from that report (comments)

Could You name few row,
which has something unwanted 'break times'?
only then those cases could check and possible to solve!

There should be possible to add those 'daily breaks' too.

Hello, I have uploaded an example, please can you check if we can pull the details like I attached.

Thanks

Dinu Kunjunju

Attachments

• Break Time Layout.xlsx
    13.7 KB · Views: 13
Hello Chandoo

Please can you check and advise we can do this to calculate break timings as I mentioned before.

Thanks for your support with this

Hi Chandoo

Answering your questions.

Yes, this is the final version I needed.

We are expecting each employees should be meet 8.15 hours after all breaks. sometimes employees will log in early to finish their works, so the total working hours will different.

Some times employee forgot to swipe while leaving or entering with other peoples, in this case we can calculate the break timings with next entry.

Yes, breaks calculated between entry and exit. ensure that we exclude the first entry and last exit.

My people are working between 11 to 9.30 but some times they exit after 12.00 due to workload, if we are unable to calculate those items then highlight it then I will able to calculate manually.

Dinu Kunjunju
Did You give something new?
... no! ... yes!
... and still some questions missed? I won't need to dig more.
Few weeks ago, Your manager needs something, but now, You needs that.
Excel won't understand 'forgot to swipe' and how to handle it.
We ... hmm? ... I cannot figure that at all ... maybe no need!
... and so on.
Those means that not clear for me.

Where needs breaking times, if someone knows daily working hours?
Or do someone will get extra if they do not work?
Isn't there same 24hrs per day?

Hello Chandoo

Apologies for the confusion. can we able to produce a report that shows break timings of an employee with their total working hours including breaks on daily basis. you given me a excel last time in that report I am able to export the daily break timings but not able to get the productions hours daily basis. If so I will able to track the people who left after 12.00 midnight because the break timings shows 12+ hours and I will calculate it manually because it is rare case. can you help me to do this, once this set I will convert this to my manager templates and submit to him.

Dinu Kunjunju
Do You know means this ?-mark in then end of sentence? Do You?
My previous reply's last three sentences has that mark.
As You have skipped many times many of those, it's challenge to help,
if You won't let help Yourself.

working = salary
break = no work = no salary = own time

My previous file gives daily working times ...
If employee have 15 rows data per day then there are possible to get daily working times (all 'login...logout' has calculated separately).
There are also possible to see all those employees marks daily.
From those, You could see when someone has come or gone.
If there are missing timestamps then those timestamps should ADD to data with needed mark.
If daily working time is different than needed, then You could see those too.
With clear rules, many things would be more clear!

Back