• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Big data collation

Rajesh S

Dear Friends,

I am working on a big data comprising 185 columns with 1.5 L rows, mainly comprising of 50000 Employee records for 3 months. (File size comes to nearly 140 MB, hence not possible to share the entire file). I am sharing the sample file for your reference.

I want to consolidate the files based on the Deputee ID (Refer column A) with the values appearing in column BJ to GB. i.e., each & every employee will have maximum of 3 records which needs to be summed up to arrive at the consolidated figures paid towards 3 months.

Is there any way to help me with a macro which is fast to carry out this exercise.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

S Rajesh

Attachments

• Sample 3 months.xlsx
    199.2 KB · Views: 7
Thanks Narayan & Hui for your suggestion.

Since I work with Office 2010 Professional version, Power pivot add-in is not part of it & could not work it out.

Hi Hui,

Format by which output is required is based on the Deputee ID (Column A). Sum is required for all headers available in column BJ to GB separately under the same header. ie., For an employee what are all the sum of components paid.

Output required is:

upload_2016-5-11_11-36-7.png

Can you please help me out in this with a macro?

Regards

S Rajesh

What is wrong with the pivot table approach ?

Simply add all the remaining fields as Sum Values to the PT
upload_2016-5-11_17-3-20.png

Hi Hui,

Thanks. I have already tried that but since the file size is very huge, excel does not have sufficient memory to carry it out for all fields.

Also, this will be a huge exercise considering the attempts involved in it viz., 4 files with similar data for 4 quarters.

Hence the query to find out a simple solution to the problem.

Regards,

S Rajesh

You can't do Big Data cheaply/easily

I'll think about a VBA function but recommend Power Pivot as a better way to simplify this

I'd also suggest a PC with 16GB+ of RAM
Excel 2016 64Bit which will maximize the use of the Memory

Back