• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Bespoke Excel Graph

Hi
I need help to build a graph in excel. It believe is pretty unique and after checking every graph, I did not find a way to do this. Hence I am contacting you for help.

Please see a printscreen of how the graph should look

upload_2018-1-25_21-40-34.png

The x-asix - lets say have company: a, b, c, d, e, f,...
y axis have amount with 25, gap, eg. 25, 50, 75, 100,........

Here is the complicated part.
I need for each company (a, b, c, d) to be able to add:
a) Cost: high, low and actual and I need to do this TWICE for each company - with two lines with DIFFERENT set of figures, per company
-
the actual will the same number in each of the two lines.

Please refer to a sample excel file with the data

Attachments

• Sample Chart.xlsx
    10 KB · Views: 5
Same as Vletm :)
-> You also tried Boxplot?
-> Or,... a line chart/column with markers and error bars. I have an example somewhere.

david gabra
Your 'sample file' has ... different values than Your 'sample picture'
also
Are You sure that Your sample values are 'correct'?
Are You sure that Your sample data is Okay (is possible to do same kind)?
.. sample

Attachments

• Sample Chart.xlsx
    12.6 KB · Views: 2
Something like this is perhaps suitable for what you want to achieve, but unfortunately I have lost the usb where I had documented the how to. Now I had a bandwidth of standard values with outliers, but the technique seems applicable.
The technique I learned from Chandeep, who has been an occasional blog writer here. https://www.goodly.co.in/threshold-chart-in-excel/
upload_2018-1-25_21-29-8.png

Hi

Thanks all so far

The print screen (made in visio) just to show how I want to present the data - the data are dummy values in the excel are the values I need.

Please can someone help - so that it will show the values of the max and min and also actual on each bar and remember we need TWO bars for each reference on the x asix.

Thanks a lot.

Hi Chihiro

I am using 2016

I am not being lazy, I saw this site already and tried and tiered in vain for hours to get it to show the max, min and actual for two lines

Please, I would really appreciate if you could attached a working copy using the excel I attached

David

David, you did already succeed for 1 set of values.
You can always use a double X-axis. Not really pretty, but perhaps the easiest way. Like this:
upload_2018-1-26_7-44-23.png

Attachments

• Sample chart.xlsx
    15.4 KB · Views: 4
david gabra
Many things are possible ...
and it would be much better if You would know these extra things in the beginning!
Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 15.41.14.png

Attachments

• Sample Chart.xlsx
    15.2 KB · Views: 5
Hi
The graph so far is great - I am stuck on one point. The last tweak I need is
to add a legends per the screenshot below.

upload_2018-2-5_22-49-11.png

this is the only legend I need - no others

thanks

Attachments

• legend for chart.xlsx
    15.4 KB · Views: 1
Hi
that I can do and that does not help me.
I need only 2 legends -how do I make it so I can remove and only leave 2 that I can have showing red and yellow lines.
I do not know how to do this
Please help.

Much better - how do I change the text of left min max to "before" and the same for the other to "after"

thanks so so so much

Back