1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Bar Chart Color Formatting Not Sticking When Filtered, Office 2013

Discussion in 'Discuss Data Visualizations and Charting' started by momcaro, May 17, 2018.

1. momcaro

momcaro Member

Hello,
    I am using a stacked bar chart to make a Gantt chart (https://www.officetimeline.com/gantt-chart-excel). It works great, but I would like to color each bar with a "team" color, depending on who the tasks belong to. I can do all this manually, a bit tedious but no problem (I have ~130 tasks and 6 colors). Here is the rub: the formatting is not sticking; as soon as I filter/unfilter my data, the colors on the bars go haywire. I have looked online and found no solution. Unchecking the "properties follow chart data point for current workbook" in the advanced options seems to have helped a lot of people, but not me...
    Thoughts? Am I doomed to not being able to filter?
    Thanks!
    Caroline
  2. vletm

vletm Excel Ninja

momcaro
    You should upload at least a sample file,
    including clear samples,
    what do You would like to see -
    before and after 'something'.
  3. momcaro

momcaro Member