• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Averages in Pivot Tables 2003

Martin

All,

I have this pivot table with year as a Page, Average of amount as Data, country as Row, and Type as Column.

Type has 2 concepts: C1 and C2. The result is that I am showing averages for C1 and C2 per country.

I need to add the Ratio C1/C2 as a concept. I tried as a calculated item, but Excel displays an error saying that it cannot add a calculated item when there are Averages.

how can I achieve this, preferable not to add a column in the data sheet.?

Rgds,

Martin

Martin

As you noted remove all the fields from the table area of the Pivot Table

Add a simple Field to the data area Ammount and set it to Sum

Select a C1 or C2 header and then add a Calculated Item (Not a Calculated Field)

Call it Ratio and set the formula to =Sum( C1)/Sum( C2)

Hui,

thanks for your reply. Sorry I did not get back to you earlier: I did read your post, but got stucked with work...

Now I am trying to do what you said. I have even created the PT from scratch, and the problem remains....

Well, it seems I've found the problem. the name of the field I was trying to add a calculated item to was "Year". I just changed it to "Period", and it worked like a charm, allowing me to add the delta between years, or "periods" now.

hope this helps to anyone else.

Rgds,

Martin

Back