• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Automate the actions of searching and saving the results of a scrapping program with the use of a ma

Good evening.

I found a program to extract contacts from google maps.

When I start the program it automatically opens a page of google maps where I enter the search key and then start the program. This program extracts the data for each google maps search page.At the end of the procedure it is possible to extract the contacts in the excel format.To repeat the procedure it is necessary to re-enter a search key, etc.

Could you help me to automate the procedure for entering the search key, automatically starting and extracting the excel file generated in a folder on the PC with a macro?

To make the program work, it is necessary that the browser language is in English and to start it just click on the icon in the folder with this name: Google Maps Crawler Pro.

I would like to insert the search keys in the "to" column of an excel file and insert the files extracted from the search (with the same name of the search key) in a folder on the desktop called "search results".

[URL='https://www.dropbox.com/s/uszy1ky9fkg6oro/Google%20Maps%20Crawler%20Pro.zip?dl=0']https://www.dropbox.com/s/uszy1ky9fkg6oro/Google Maps Crawler Pro.zip?dl=0[/URL]

Thank you

Last edited:
stepano,
maybe yes, maybe no, as I do not use browser in English …

At least just activate Macro recorder and operate manually :
you will get a base of code !

I tried to use the macro record but I do not think it worked.
This would be the code:

Code:
Sub keywords()
'
' keywords Macro
'

'
    Range("A2").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Range("A3").Select
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    Selection.Copy
End Sub

Hello guys.
Could you just tell me if with a macro it is possible to automate some actions that are normally done with the mouse and the enter key?
If it's possible I'll look for a solution elsewhere ...
You only need to copy the search keys from a file and insert them on a program (by clicking on a program key) and then start it and download the file that the same generates cliccanso on another key.
Thank you

It depends, sometimes it's easy, sometimes not …
Better is to directly ask to the author of the tool.

As in VBA you can develop your own code
without the need of an external tool,
see the samples everywhere on the Web …
Or use an automation tool.

can the macros be used as an automation tool for operations that are performed with the mouse / keyboard without necessarily having to interact with the program code?

As macros died 20 years ago (‼ Almost only for cells)
a VBA code must work directly with objects …​

As I yet wrote : maybe yes, maybe not as I can't test
and as you do not ever try to write any code …
Better is to see directly with its author or see any automation tool …

You're right, however, it is not for me to create macro.
However it would be enough to change the language of chrome in American English (it is easier to create a macro) :)

Back