• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

automate inserting chart on separate sheet

r121a947

I have a music database for my playlists. I have attached a sample file.

I would greatly appreciate any help with my latest project: For each playlist file, I want to insert a new sheet and create a line graph from data on the original sheet.

I am very inexperienced with charts. When I first looked, it seemed as though Excel might not allow using data from a different sheet, but that is probably just my inability to see what it wants . . .

The data to be charted is in columns F and H. I would like F to be the X value, and H for Y. The X axis should intersect the Y axis at ((H1)-2). The F values are in minutes.seconds.

Thanks, again, for any and all help and suggestions.

Attachments

• chartEx.xlsx
    13.1 KB · Views: 3
I should mention that the F (X) values must be added to the previous F value, so that the line graph will end up looking like a sine curve.

The line starts with the F (X) value at 0 beginning on the Y axis at 90 ((H1)-2). The line goes 3 minutes 8 seconds and intersects Y at 92 (H1). F2 starts from there and goes 2 minutes 46 seconds and intersects Y at 80 (H2).

I hope this is clear.

Thank you.

Chart in Sheet3 of the attached.
I used a blank column (I) on sheet 1 to get the cumulative times.
The formula converts the times in colum F to 'real' times before adding them.
The formula in cell I1 is different from all the cells below it.
[You have a time represented by 3.56 which is nearly 4 minutes, but when used as a decimal in addition it represents only about 3 and a half minutes]

Attachments

• Chandoo43995chartEx.xlsx
    20.7 KB · Views: 4
Back