• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Autocomplete drop down list stops working in a protected sheet.

In my attendance sheet I've protected the SHEET, but after i protect the WORKBOOK the Autocomplete Drop Down List Stops working. I'm attaching the unprotected workbook.

Attachments

• FINAL_ATT_AUG2019.xlsm
    45.3 KB · Views: 3
Excel Enthusiast
eg only "SELECT UNLOCKED CELLS",
means that user cannot use 'dropdowns' as that file would work without 'protection'.
You should give more rights for user!
For me, I cannot even test Your file ... cause ... ActiveX-objects.

One of the allowed protection options is Use Autofilter… does that work?

Edit post posting: I see there's a combobox at cell B60 of the Att_SUMMARY sheet, and now realise this is what you're referring to.
Your vba code is password protected, and one thing I never do is allow macros to run before I can check the code, so I can't test. Perhaps attach the workbook without this protection?

Last edited:
One of the allowed protection options is Use Autofilter… does that work?

Edit post posting: I see there's a combobox at cell B60 of the Att_SUMMARY sheet, and now realise this is what you're referring to.
Your vba code is password protected, and one thing I never do is allow macros to run before I can check the code, so I can't test. Perhaps attach the workbook without this protection?

Here's the file without any protection. Thank you for your time sir.

Attachments

• FINAL_ATT_AUG2019.xlsm
    43.2 KB · Views: 4
I'm not sure, the attached is sheet and workbook protected; does it work?

Attachments

• Chandoo42336FINAL_ATT_AUG2019.xlsm
    48.6 KB · Views: 5
Back