• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Auto Numbering Please help 2.1,...2.100+

Nobi

Hi guys,
I really need help to with numbering. I first put information in Excel; i have more than hundred items which i first put in excel indexing 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.1(i want to fix to 2.10 and continue with 2.11 and onward) after putting all the data later i want to copy all Items from excel with index and paste in PPT. Please help me guys.
*NOTE* I want to start the index from 2.1..

I do not like your index scheme in that the sequence you get is neither a numeric sequence nor is it in alphabetical order. Then again, once the sequence is in PowerPoint you probably do not need to extract it or manipulate it further.

What is your problem with copy and paste to PowerPoint? If you do not want to have a picture (probably the simplest to use), you can use Paste Special to paste an Excel Object (I used a Table) either as a new object or as a link to the original workbook. These latter options would carry the formulas you use to generate the index into PowerPoint and allow you to open the table in Excel from PowerPoint.

My formula was
= 2 + k/1000
where the named formula 'k' refers to
= ROW(Table1[@]) - ROW(Table1[#Headers])

Number format "0.000"

I think i got it now. thank you for answering it was helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Nobi, I am glad you have a solution. I was aware that my reply was more a case of provoking you to find your own solution than offering a definitive answer. If we have a result; job done!

Back