• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Auto-incorporation of a calculation from a chart

Shoebird

Hello Ninja and thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide in advance.

I was wondering if there was a way to link the displayed equation of a line in a chart to a cell.

Currently the value in the chart is:
y=-1E-09x6+0.0003x5-33.945x4+2E+0610x2+1E+15x-7E+18

The chart will auto update with the incorporation of new data and I would like to use the updated chart equation without having to manually update the equation displayed on the graph into a cell.

Thanks!

Sean

To clarify, is the equaiotn you have being generated by the chart from a trendline and you want a cell to be linked to show that,
or is the equation in a cell, and you want the chart to link to the cells value?

@Shoebird,

I believe you are referring to the equation of a trendline. The values which appear in the equation can be obtained, but the method may vary slightly depending on the type of trendline (i.e., linear, polynomial, etc.).

The various coefficients can be calculated individually. It would then be necessary to use the calculated values as part of a completed formula. The attached PDF describes how to calculate the coefficients for various trendlines. I found it in Excel help a few years ago and made a PDF for quick reference.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Ken

Attachments

• Trendlines.pdf
    21.5 KB · Views: 6
@Shoebird,

I believe you are referring to the equation of a trendline. The values which appear in the equation can be obtained, but the method may vary slightly depending on the type of trendline (i.e., linear, polynomial, etc.).

The various coefficients can be calculated individually. It would then be necessary to use the calculated values as part of a completed formula. The attached PDF describes how to calculate the coefficients for various trendlines. I found it in Excel help a few years ago and made a PDF for quick reference.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Ken
Awesome! Thank you KenU

Back