1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Arrow Icon

Discussion in 'Discuss Data Visualizations and Charting' started by Joseph Horling, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Joseph Horling

Joseph Horling Member

Hi Chandoo Experts,
    I'm working on conditional formatting on a chart. On the Index and Match tab, on row 29, there is a chart where I am practicing my two way lookup with index and match. First can you check and see if I did some of this correct. Second on the conditional format when you select the channel (highlighted in green on the chart), I would like to have an arrow pointing to the program and total views when the channel is highlighted. Thanks for your help as always, Joe from Michigan

Attached Files:

2. Hui

Hui Excel Ninja Staff Member

Do you mean like

upload_2018-6-21_22-49-37.png

A34: =IF(B34=$C$30,"ð","")
    Format it as WingDings
    Copy down

Attached Files:

Thomas Kuriakose likes this.
  3. Joseph Horling

Joseph Horling Member

Hi Hui,

Something like this:::

Attached Files:

4. Hui

I'm pretty sure you can't do this with Conditional Formatting
    You could use VBA to place the arrows, but I'd question why when my previous solution works fine
  5. Hui

Or use the technique I used before with a helper column

upload_2018-6-22_10-29-6.png

Attached Files:

Thomas Kuriakose likes this.
  6. Joseph Horling

Joseph Horling Member

Hi Hui,
    Yes, that is fine. VBA is a little bit out of my realm there. Now I know how to do this part, thanks as always. Joe.