• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Array Formula Required?

GB

Hi,
I am hoping someone can assist me in improving my formula (I think I need an array formula but am stuck on writing it).

In the attachment I have a list of staff who request to move from their city to a choice of another 2 cities. My objective is increase my staff requirement by 3 in BNE (cell F1). I have sorted the list of staff that want to move to another city by "Date Rec'vd". A couple of staff have a preference 1 and a preference 2. Once I have satisfied getting 3 staff to move to BNE then I stop calculating. My formula is doing this now.

My problem is that staff 200036 didn't get their preference 1 (because the system stopped calculating once I got 3 staff (net) to go to BNE so I want to grant their preference 2 which is higher up in the list because of the date rec'vd sort order.

If a staff has a preference 1 request with a date earlier than their preference 2, my current formula works, but in the case of preference 2 before preference 1 it doesn't work.

Hoping someone can assist.
Regards
GB

Attachments

• ArrayFormulaReq.xlsx
    15.4 KB · Views: 11
Back