• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Array formula help please

Hi,

I am struggling to write an array formula for the following.

I have a master data table that contains specimen numbers, specimen code, month of specimen and turn around time (TAT). I wish to be able to list all the specimen numbers for specimens that meet 3 criteria that can be set from drop down lists. These are highlighted yellow, orange and Green in the sheet "Over TAT specimen number". I have cut the master data down from it's original content as it was too large to load.

The TAT criteria combinations are listed in I4:I10 and I have tried to concatenate the month criteria to this in I12 and then use indirect to list this in the array formula. It's not working this way. Can anyone help me? What am I doing wrong.

Attachments

• Specimen number over TAT 3.xlsx
    10.2 KB · Views: 6
... I suggest you add some more details - the problem statement isn't very clear (at least to me). Specifically,
- What are the three conditions you are referring to ?
- What exactly are you trying to do in this equation : No. >TAT+1<=TAT+2
What does "No." here mean ?
- None of the TAT values are greater than 2
- Your logic in col H in "Over.." sheet appears to be illogical. Example, TAT+1 will ALWAYS be <=TAT+2 (TAT being constant) - so what are you trying to achieve ?
Please enlighten, so someone may add some thoughts !

- What are the three conditions you are referring to ?
The three variables are in D3,E3 and F3 and would be changed to select the test code, turnaround time and month of specimen.

- What exactly are you trying to do in this equation : No. >TAT+1<=TAT+2
What does "No." here mean ?
This is not a formula. Cell C3 indicates the turnaround time for the test code selected, in this instance 3. therefore >TAT+1 <=TAT=2 would be to select out specimens that have taken between 4 and 5 days to complete (TAT). No. means number but doesn't really mean anything in this instance, so don't worry about it here.

- None of the TAT values are greater than 2
In this example perhaps not but when I include all of the master data it does.

- Your logic in col H in "Over.." sheet appears to be illogical. Example, TAT+1 will ALWAYS be <=TAT+2 (TAT being constant) - so what are you trying to achieve ?
This is just a criteria set to select specimens where the TAT

Back