• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Array Formula CTRL+Shift+Enter Not working

matcas

Hi I am trying to use the array formula (first time am doing this) and tried a tutorial I found online, however when I'm clicking the CRTL+Shift+Enter nothing is happening and the formula remains displayed in the cell with not error message or the answer. I have tried maybe it was the show / hide formula but it wasn't.
dELtCp

I have the function explained in the attached diagram...

Would really appreciate your help as am going nuts :)

I have Excel 2016 installed and running windows.

Thanks

Attachments

• array.PNG
    array.PNG
    38.9 KB · Views: 18
Don't manually type the curly brackets {} before and after the formula. When you confirm as an array, XL will add those in itself.

Your formula works fine (orange label). With structured references and names the formula is more like natural language (green label). An alternative approach is to use LOOKUP but that evaluates array formulas without needing the pesky ctrl/shift/enter (purple label). The final version is the same but uses a name to store the part of the formula that is evaluated using array algebra.

Attachments

• multi-criterion matches.xlsx
    14.1 KB · Views: 60
I would like to display co efficients of a non linear curve. What I enter Ctrl+Shift+Enter, the curly brackets ("{" and "}") appears but I don't get the data array that I am expecting. I am expecting co-efficients of -9.55E-01 for X^2 and 1.94885 for X.

Attachments

• Non-Linear Co Efficient Fail.PNG
    Non-Linear Co Efficient Fail.PNG
    44 KB · Views: 13
  • Desired Result.PNG
    Desired Result.PNG
    50 KB · Views: 13
I would like to display co efficients of a non linear curve. What I enter Ctrl+Shift+Enter, the curly brackets ("{" and "}") appears but I don't get the data array that I am expecting. I am expecting co-efficients of -9.55E-01 for X^2 and 1.94885 for X.
Hello Zenfa

Welcome to Chanoo Org forums. Please create new thread for posting your query. You can leave a reference to this thread if required.

Also as a new user, it will be good to go through instructions for new users;

Back