1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

ARRANGE DATA

Discussion in 'Discuss Data Visualizations and Charting' started by salahuddin, Jul 17, 2017.

1. salahuddin

salahuddin New Member

I WANT TO ARRANGE THE ROW NAME "INCOME" IN COLUMN "B" BEFORE THE ROW NAMED "EXTERNAL SECTOR"

Attached Files:

2. NARAYANK991

NARAYANK991 Excel Ninja

Hi ,

I am not sure what you want , since this question has been posted in the Discuss Data Visualizations and Charting section of this forum.

Can you not add a helper column , and then sort your data using this column ?

See the attached file for the formula in the helper column ; if you do a sort on this helper column , the rows which have INCOME in column B will be placed before the rows which have EXTERNAL SECTOR in the same column.

Narayan

Attached Files:

Thomas Kuriakose and salahuddin like this.
  3. salahuddin

salahuddin New Member

Thank u very much NARAYANK991,
    I want to cut the row name "income" and paste before the row name "external sector". Is there any formula to do this at once.
  4. NARAYANK991

NARAYANK991 Excel Ninja

Hi ,

I doubt that there is a formula which can do what you want , unless you want this done on a different worksheet or a different region of this worksheet ; that worksheet / region will have formulae which will rearrange your data.

Narayan