1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Apologies, before I even start.....

Discussion in 'Discuss Data Visualizations and Charting' started by Gregor, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Gregor

Gregor New Member

Gurus,

I get frustrated when I read posts looking for help with no file attached and a scant description of the help that is required but find myself now doing just that. Sorry!

I need to create a 'talent' matrix which is a 3x3 grid (poor performance in bottom left, top performance in top right) - this bit is relatively easy using stacked bar chart.

I'd now like to list my staff John, Tom, Billy and Frank and assign them somewhere on the chart (like a scatterplot) by giving them a performance score (higher the score the further up and right they go).

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

upload_2017-12-6_8-28-48.png

Attached Files:

2. Hui

Hui Excel Ninja Staff Member

like:
    upload_2017-12-6_17-12-7.png

see attached file:

You can delete the secondary X & Y axis

Attached Files:

3. Gregor

Gregor New Member

Hui,

Brilliant just the job. Top right hand box for you!
  4. Hui

Thanx

Just noticed that the secondary Y Axis should be 0 to 9 not 0 to 7
  5. Gregor

Gregor New Member

Hui,

Thanks again - final issue I have is expanding down I can add staff, and get their position on the matrix but the label does read correctly.

e.g. per the attached, I get a value rather than the name.

I've altered the ranges but just can't get the names to appear next to the datapoint.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

6. Hui

Add Labels
    Select Series Labels
    Format Labels
    enjoy

upload_2017-12-9_13-34-30.png

If you are adding more names, Insert Rows within the Grey Area and they should add automatically

Attached Files: