• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Any Book or Tutorial Recommended to learn VB Scripting?

melzjm

Hi All,

Since , I came across this forum, I have been really encouraged to teach myself VB scripting to do Macros and other things, pick up another skill but the problem is I do not know where to start.

Please recommend any site or books that I could read to kick off my self study. I am a plain user, a newbie but very logical.

Hope you can help.

Thanks,

Melanie

Hi,

Google this :

Super-Easy Guide to the Microsoft

Office Excel 2003 Object Model

it is a great starting point.

Don't get hung up on the latest version of any books

Any of the old ones will get you 90-95% of the way there and can be picked up very cheaply

HI Hui

Do you have any Soft copy (E-BOok) for the same..>

If yes then plz upload it and share with us.

I m also very mch exiting to learn the same.

Regards

Istiyak

HI,,

Hope this will helpful for u,.

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=e-books%20on%20VBA%20for%20microsoft%202003&source=web&cd=9&ved=0CHcQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jlathamsite.com%2FTeach%2FVBA%2FProgrammingInExcelVBA_AnIntroduction.pdf&ei=knpnT52xKM3irAfF04W9Bw&usg=AFQjCNEkwFIFr690pPNEyvC9XcJR8zuclg

Copy paste above link in your browser's address bar.

Regards

!$T!

@Luke M

Hi!

I think I've tried to read many times something of John Walkenbach's cousin, but I don't remember well anything more than the labels... Red, Black, Green and Blue... author's name was something alike little John Walker... But always always that I try to do that I get a strong headache after the second bottle... ehhh... volume I say!

:)

Regards!

Hi, melzjm!

Please don't consider seriously my previous post.

And about another approach: try using the Recording Macro feature that comes with Excel, you start recording a macro, then you perform the manual operations you want to do, you stop recording, and then you analyze the VBA code that Excel wrote. You'll find a lot of useful tips and solutions there.

Regards!

Hi All,

Thank you so much for all the recommendations and tips, I will take this seriously, except for SirJB7's not so latest post.. *_*

It is appreciated. :)

-melzjm

Back