• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

#AND# in the formulas error

Techtrend

Is it possible that somebody can please show me where I'm going wrong here as I am a little confused with the #AND# in the formulas. I'm using Excell 2007 and I'm curious if these formulas were written for an earlier version.

I am trying to re-create a spreadsheet that is illustrated in a book that I am reading but I'm having troubles.

The book tells me to "put the minimum swing percentage value in cell C3(for example, 5% =.05) put the following formulas in the corresponding cells. Row 6 initializes the process."

This is all the formulas that the book shows.
If anyone could please explain the #AND# or rewrite the formulas for Excel 2007? It would be a great help. I also tried using the =IF((AND... but no luck.

Can any team members help me to fix this
SK

Attachments

• Excel swing high low.xlsx
    13.6 KB · Views: 6
Both the functions used, IF and AND, have been around for a long time in Excel. And work fine in 2007 version too.

If you have trouble understanding the syntax, take a look at the Excel function help:
IF: https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...pId=xlmain11.chm60049&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US
AND: https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...pId=xlmain11.chm60084&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Are you sure you are following all the steps of the books? I might be wrong, but I have the impression the book is folowing a step-by-step logic to explain how the function IF and AND can be used, and in the mean time is somehow explaining basic elements of formula writing.

I do notice some formula refer to a different row: E11 =IF(AND($G10=-1;B11>E10);B11;IF($G10=1;B11;E10)). Notice you have a $ to block the column G and that you compare the value in B11 with E10. From the data lay-out I expect both row references should be equal, in this case 11.

Two of your formula in the text box are incomplete
upload_2018-4-18_8-52-46.png

So it makes it hard to check what you have implemented

Back