• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Algorithm for Resource estimated hours calculation

Rak1740

I have a query as below:

I would like to calculate the forecasted hours/month of a resource based on their employment (Full time or part time).

Example: A resource is going to start the work on 14th Oct, 2018 and ends in 14th Nov, 2018. He/she spends almost 80 hours to complete this work and is a full time employee (8 hours a day). In the same way, i need a formula to calculate the same amount of work completed by an employee who is allocated half time (4 hours a day) across all the months i.e., how many hours he/she spends in October, November etc.,

Can anyone please help me in getting this formula

Upload a sample workbook. Show a before and after scenario. For the after, mock it up manually.

Please find the attached excel file with some data in it.

Now, I need a formula which can calculate the estimated hours employment time across J, K and L column.
For example: A person has started his work on 31-Oct-2018 and is a full time employee (working 8 hours/day) and the estimated hours to complete the work started on 31-Oct-2018 is 13 hours, this means the person has worked for 8 hours in Oct month (as 31st is the last day) and another 5 hours in November month. This should automatically reflect in the J, K and L column.

Could you please help me in automating the calculations. I have provided the reference data too.

Thanks in advance,
Rakesh

Attachments

• Resource forecasting.xlsx
    10.4 KB · Views: 13
Back