• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Advanced Filter

SkyB

Hi All,

Can you please take a look at the attached file and let me know where is the error?
The filter works a couple times and after that crashed...

Thank you in advance,
SkyB

Attachments

• AdvFilt.xlsm
    19.4 KB · Views: 9
... and after that crashed...

What do you mean by this? Do you mean that the button returns no record when it should return Pear list?

Or that the Excel file or VBA crashes?

If former, then it's due to single space character in C2. That's using single space as criteria for Sales column and finding no match.

When working with Advanced Filter. What I typically do is to set up user interaction range. Then clean it up and place it in actual (hidden) criteria range using code and/or formula.

Also, default text column criteria looks for any word that begins with criteria. If you want exact match. You need something like...
="=Pear"

If latter, try restarting your computer. As I see nothing that would cause crash.

Sorry, my multitasking didn't work.

I meant when you click AdvancedFilter button,rows 7 to 28 are collapsing and on the left bottom is shown 0 of 22 records found.
Still confused .The code is pretty simple and I believe that there are no errors but the filter doesn't work....

Like I wrote you have single space in C2. That is causing code to return no match. Delete content of C2 and it will work.

Back