• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

additional info on existing chart

Raghavendra Singh

Helo Everyone,

From table-2 --- I want to show average billing and hours need to bill on upper right hand side of this existing chart and want them changing with the slicer which is already there.

Please help ASAP.

Thnk you,
Raghavendra

Attachments

• Additional info on chart.xlsx
    30.3 KB · Views: 5
Hi, your file contains a link or links to external files. On enable content, all values are replaced by errors (N/A). Difficult to help you out that way. Might be the reason why no-one reacted.

I detect perhaps this issue with the request: current chart is based on pivot. You cannot add a data series from another table.
One table is with user names, the other is not. The chart uses user names (x-axis). So how do envision the chart you are after? Common are the dates, not the user names. What would it show?

At first glance I doubt the actual data lay-out allows you to do what you are after. But I can be wrong obviously.
Perhaps you can make a new table, holding the dates, user names and some lookups to fetch the required values.
Make a chart on this table. And use a slicer on the table (possible in XL 13 and later). Table reacts on slicer, chart reacts on table thus chart reacts on slicer...
Isn't that what you are after?

Hello Everyone,

I have updated the file again after making the corrections.

Thank you,
Raghavendra

Attachments

• Additional info on chart.xlsx
    28.4 KB · Views: 2
perhaps this?
I added a lookup in table 1 to fetch the missing value from table 2; made a new pivot and a new chart on sheet3.
upload_2018-3-8_18-1-13.png

Attachments

• Copy of Additional info on chart.xlsx
    44.8 KB · Views: 5
Thank you for your response. I don't want to make average billing and hours need to bill to be part of this chart i just want their numbers on right hand corner.

Oh, wait... like so... I just added them to give you the idea on how it an be accomplished.

Attachments

• Copy of Additional info on chart.xlsx
    46.5 KB · Views: 7
Back