• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Adding line graph to a column chart

In the attached file, I am trying to add a horizontal line on a column chart. A few problems.

1. How can I get the horizontal line to start at zero?
2. I also want the line to run across the entire graph without having to graph a second data point. As an example of how this would look, I added a horizontal black line on top fo the chart. I am trying to plot the line so that it plots over the red column and a little beyond on both sides of the column. So the horizontal line would hang over the column on both sides.

I'm fairly certain I did this a long time ago, but I can't remember how I did it.

Attachments

• Line and Column Graph2.xlsx
    12.5 KB · Views: 7

I got this to work last night, but evidently I made some changes that causes this to not work anymore.

I have a new attached file.

Here are the problems I am having with this chart.

1. I am trying to get both dashed lines and the column to display on the primary Y axis. I don't want to use a secondary horizontal axis because that skews things. Not only that, I don't see it as necessary anyway.

2. Notice how both horizontal dashed lines begin in the middle of the chart and cross thru the green column a bit. I am trying to get the lines to display all the way across like I did last night (from the links above) starting from the Y axis (meaning X = 0).

3. I have two Exit prices (one above a stop loss, the other below). When I use this, the spreadsheet will display one or the other but for now I'm displaying both. The column called Exit below stop loss would be used when the values are below the stop loss in column I. I am trying to get these two Exit prices to overlap 100% so that one or the other is displayed. I had this last night but I don't know what went wrong and how to fix it. I did play around with the overlap settings, but no luck.

Attachments

• 2 Horizontal Lines and Column Chart.xlsx
    13.1 KB · Views: 4
Back