• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Adding date range by month

samc2626

hi,
I am curently using a simple formula to add the dollar value in Colum F by month.

I am hoping you can help with a more usfull formular were the dollar value in collum F is added by the month in collum A.

Collum A3:A92 with all dates with month 7 to be totaled and displayed in B112
Collum A3:A92 with all dates with month 8 to be totaled and displayed in B113
Collum A3:A92 with all dates with month 9 to be totaled and displayed in B114 and so on.

at the bottom of the workbook i have the months were i need the results displayed.

i have attached a sample workbook.

i have tried several different formulas but keep geting errors.

hope you can help.

Attachments

• Sample 1.xlsx
    75 KB · Views: 6
Sam -

My suggestion is that you put all your transactions into one single Excel Table, and simply report from that using a Pivot Table report.

It appears that you might be trying to automate what used to be a paper based report and it's excessively complicated for its intended purpose.

For example all the Worksheets by Month and Date in your Workbook - if you need to summarize and print them for any reason, you can simply filter your Excel Table by Month/Year and you will have it. In one place I also see you referring to Weeks - with a simple formula you can also derive a report that will summarize by weeks.

If this is something you want to pursue, get back to me and I'll send you an example of what I've done with your data. I don't want to push it on you!

I believe that the biggest issue facing a majority of posters seeking "formulas" on here is overly complicated data structure that they *think* they need for a variety of reasons. What you're trying to do here is simple when you use Tables/Pivot Tables.

Back