• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

adding calculation time to a form?

smdccb

This is my first post to this forum...

I have a program that hides the excel application from the user as they provide certain inputs, and to keep them from changing anything in the workbook. when the program calcualtes the underlying workbook, it takes several minutes. Is there some VBA code that I can add that will use the calculation progress displayed in the status bar and incorporate it into a form I have created to give the user some feedback...

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Hi smdccb,

Take a look here

http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/site/tip/displaying_a_progress_indicator/

Thanks oldchippy - I have used that in the past, but I am not looking to tell the progress of any event other than the calculation taking place, and I am not sure how I can incorporate that into j-walk's code. When the spreadsheet calculates with the application visible, it will display: "Calculating 10%" in the status bar. I am looking to capture that in a form, any other thoughts - i have been trying to figure this out for a week...Thanks again for your help.

Back