• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Adding another condition for IF Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I would like the below formula to also include a provision for when a date in Column C is populated, Column D will change to Closed.

=IF(B2="Continuation",B2,IF(ISBLANK(C2),"Open","Closed"))

Thank you for your assistance!!

Attachments

• Chandoo If Statement with 3 Conditions.xlsx
    19.8 KB · Views: 3
Hi, I would like the below formula to also include a provision for when a date in Column C is populated, Column D will change to Closed.

=IF(B2="Continuation",B2,IF(ISBLANK(C2),"Open","Closed"))

Thank you for your assistance!!
Hi Kelli,

As per your formula the requirement seems to be met.
For eg: when you put date in column C the Column D is getting populated.
Please let me know if you are looking for something else.

Thanks
Jaya S

Hi Kelli,

As per your formula the requirement seems to be met.
For eg: when you put date in column C the Column D is getting populated.
Please let me know if you are looking for something else.

Thanks
Jaya S
Hi Jaya S, when a date is put in column C it should update from Open or Continuation to Closed. I've got part of the formula working but missing this key piece.
Thanks Kelli

*%Perfect%*
Love your work, I wish I understood when and how to switch from one formula to another - thank you to all!!
Actually, this poses another issue as in - if it is a Continuation in column B,
Hi:

This will be a good read to understand if conditions better.

https://www.contextures.com/xlfunctions06_excel-if-function.html

Thanks

Unfortunately there is another complexity that I will have to sort out in my head before posting.. and thanks for the link, that's excellent a bit of light reading on the bus lol

Ok, after circling back to this - Column E Open, Close and Continuation is working perfectly and ignoring the calculation for Open and Continuation.

However, when the issue is being closed out (date in Column D) on the next line or 6 lines down I still have an Open (I've highlighted these yellow for easy recognition) record that needs to be marked as Continuation so it won't remain open or calculate if closed.

My thoughts are if we can create a unique identifier i.e. Column G, if that identifier has a closed date update Open to Continuation, but putting that into practice is easier said than done.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• Chandoo PR Register Open Close.xlsx
    567.9 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back