1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Add password to file

Discussion in 'VBA Macros' started by Aman Semwal, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Aman Semwal

Aman Semwal Member

Hi,

Please look into the sample file.

I have main data in sheet 1.

What I need is that in sheet 2 I have data in column A & B. Column A is the SE no and Column B is the workbook file name which is in path C:\desktop\new folder. For Ex : Aman is the file name.

What I want is that all the file should be password protected with a criteria i.e data which is on sheet 1.

Explaining with an example :
    Sheet 2 data should look up the SE no within sheet 1 table and create a password as
    FIRST LETTER & UNIQUE ID & CODE to the workbook in column B of sheet 2

Attached Files:

2. Logit

Logit Active Member

Example of the formula : =LEFT(E2,1)&B2&C2

Your description is somewhat confusing. Let me know if this is what you meant.
    Also, it is much easier to have all the data on the same sheet.

Attached Files:

3. Aman Semwal

Aman Semwal Member

No What I am trying to say is I have main data in sheet 1 and sheet 2 is an example what I need

To give brief on this :
    • SE no (which is an unique ID) for a team.
    • A team has group of user and their workbook respectively on a given folder. For ex : C:\Desktop\9281\Aman.xlsx
    • What I need is all the Workbook for a given SE no should be password protected with unique password as given on the sheet 2 in col c of sheet 2
    Please look into the sample and help me if this can be done.

Attached Files:

4. GraH - Guido

GraH - Guido Well-Known Member