• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Add Excel version in account settings

GraH - Guido

Offering the 'correct' support is not always so straightforward, with all those versions that are being used by the members over here. Something that works on 365 (insider), does not always work for version 2016, let alone version '97. It is a wide spread indeed. For both parties, the one asking help as well as for the one offering help, this may cause some frustration.
On the MrExcel message board, that uses the same platform, there are 2 available fields in the account settings: operating system used and office version. Also other Excel forums offer the same.
Knowing this removes the need to tell people what you provide only works from version X onwards or something alike. I think it would improve the user experience.

I agree totally! Probably with the extra rule that I am only allowed to answer to questions that mention 365. My solutions are all based upon dynamic arrays and usually employ Lambda functions. They look nothing like spreadsheet formulas and must confuse the hell out of the original posters. By way of example:
Code:
= LAMBDA(arr,init,Fnλ,
      LET(
         arrϑ,  BYCOL(arr, THUNKλ),
         initϑ, THUNKλ(init),
         accumulatedϑ, SCAN(initϑ, arrϑ, Fnλ),
         EXPANDTHUNKλ(accumulatedϑ)
      )
   )(array,initial,ADDTHUNKλ)
is a 'simple' worksheet formula o_O.
OK, so I wouldn't post that as a reply even on a 365 Q&A :(.
Source: Re: Accumulating arrays - Microsoft Tech Community

Back