• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

ACCEPT DUPLICATE ENTRY CONDITION BASIS

bharath

Hi,

I CAN PREVENT DUPLICATE ENTRY BY USING DATA VALIDATION, USING COUNTIFS WITH DATE, INOVICE NO COMBINATION
BUT, HERE WE NEED ACCEPT ENTRY WITH SAME INVOICE NUMBER BY GIVING ACCEPTANCE.

FILE UPLOADED

Attachments

• ALLOW DUPLICATE BY CONDITION.xlsx
    9.7 KB · Views: 11
Usually, for preventing duplicate entries we use data validation (countif or countifs).
if we need to entry same invoice number in second row, it should be allowed (with reference other cell)
Here, If there is a duplicate invoice number, it should not be allowed when typing, but by giving reference like ("allow"/"ok",/"accept") it should be allowed and in second row as i said above, Entry should be allowed by giving reference like ("continuous"/ "follows")

Being Prevention also it should be allowed, But By giving "text" references or any

Examle 123 - new
123 - continuous
123 - continuous

I think i explained good what i wanted

Thank You,

Last edited:
Hi, try this in [E9] as data validation
=OR(COUNTIF($E$2:$E9,E9)=1,AND(COUNTIF($E$2:$E9;E9)>1,I9<>""))
So if you want to enter a duplicate, first you need to enter something in in cell I9.

Hi, try this in [E9] as data validation
=OR(COUNTIF($E$2:$E9,E9)=1,AND(COUNTIF($E$2:$E9;E9)>1,I9<>""))
So if you want to enter a duplicate, first you need to enter something in in cell I9.

Hi,

it is not getting, accepting without filling cell I9
Thank You

Strange as it was working when I tried it the first time around and now it does not.
Try this alternative then
=OR(LEN($I2)>0,COUNTIF($E$2:$E$20,$E2)=1)

Attachments

• Copy of ALLOW DUPLICATE BY CONDITION-1.xlsx
    10.6 KB · Views: 8
Back