• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

9-Box Grid - Plotting Multiple Employees

SFala

I am trying to create a 9-box grid that will plot multiple employees but am having difficulties as I am not an Excel whiz. We generally want to use this for leaders to plot their managers, using a rating scale of 1-3 for both the performance and potential ratings. Ideally, the leader will rate each employees potential (1-3 scale), and performance (1-3 scale), then the employee will be plotted onto the 9-box, in a box not on the axis lines. Attached is a sample of what I am trying to create. Please help!!

Attachments

• August 2019 Rating - v2.xlsx
    231.6 KB · Views: 36
SFala
If used a rating scale is 1-3 then it'll be more almost sure that two or more employee would have same ratings ... and that means overlapping.
If would like to see those ratings ... then this would be one possible.

Attachments

• August 2019 Rating - v2.xlsx
    230.6 KB · Views: 24
SFala
... next sample
If You would like to see those employee names in the Grip then this would be one solution.
All depends number of employees and so on - how to solve Your thread.
Usage with this sample:
Press [ ReFresh ] -button to refresh names
Press [ Clear ]-button to 'hide' names ... and eg to write Your texts into Grid

If this match better then I could modify some parts.

Attachments

• August 2019 Rating - v2.xlsb
    242.5 KB · Views: 44
Wow, these are awesome, thank you! How would I combine the second two files - so it would have the overall rating category near the employees name, the refresh and clear buttons, and plot the employee name on the colored chart?

It also looks like the Potential and Performance ratings are flip flopped. How would I fix this?

SFala
Combine: What is Your challenge with that?
Do You would like to use many files or all-in-one?
Layout: If You need different layout then upload it here.
[ Clear ]-button needs only once - just before You'll write those 'text' into 9-grid-boxes. After that, it can delete!
Flip-flop ... seems that lower 9-boxes results were so - I would delete it away ... after those text has moved by You.

The attached version that you edited is great, but I need help with a few items. I have re-attached the document you edited, with comments.

- Rather than plotting the X & Y axis numbers, I would like to plot the employee name in the box. For example rather than have "1,3" plotted, it would read "George"
- The Overall Rating, and the actual plotting on the grid do not match - You can see it plotted George in the "Early Promise" box, but it should have plotted him in the "Skilled Professional" box
- What happens when you add more employee names to the sheet, I added some at the bottom (see Sue for example) but her score isn't plotted anywhere.
- Similar to the final version you submitted in this threat, I like the idea of having a refresh and clear button, is this possible on this document?

My Excel skills are beginner/intermediate, so the coding/macros you created on this sheet far surpass my skills.

Attachments

• August 2019 Rating - vletm v2.xlsx
    232.7 KB · Views: 24
SFala
> Rather ... I've offered this with #4 reply ... and as wrote ... You should write those texts within 9-box Grid ...
Screenshot 2019-08-28 at 20.57.39.png
> Add ... try to add more employees ... I didn't ... but it could work.
> My version needs to save to that format as I've used.

SFala
Use / check #4 reply's file - okay?
Upper part looks like my #9 reply snapshot - okay?
Okay - I uploaded same file -- and I test to add few employees there too.
This is still sample!
After You've pressed [ Clear ]-button, You can write those texts into boxes!

Attachments

• August 2019 Rating - v2.xlsb
    24.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Hi Waldude...I have tried to use your August 2019 Rating v2 template...it works well but I have around 20-30 employees with the same rating. Can you help to have the font (for employee's name) smaller so that it could fit in? I tried to manually change to 2 columns & font a bit smaller but once I refresh, all the data back to the origin font & some names are out of shape hence did not appear in the box. Can you please help?

SFala
With this ... You'll find Yourself
... still a sample

Hi Waldude...I have tried to use your August 2019 Rating v2 template...it works well but I have around 20-30 employees with the same rating. Can you help to have the font (for employee's name) smaller so that it could fit in? I tried to manually change to 2 columns & font a bit smaller but once I refresh, all the data back to the origin font & some names are out of shape hence did not appear in the box. Can you please help?

NCL80
You seems to wrote (... copy&paste) two time same text.
If around 20-30 same ratings, then that font should be small ... and ... would it be readable?
You should able to upload a sample from Your ... case.

Hi Sathishsusa,
yes, we are fine to have the small font as long as it can fit in 20-30 ppls in a cell...I dont have my version as I am using your version to try. Thanks!

NCL80
Please focus ...
If You cannot send even a sample file,
which has 20-30 same ratings then You can only wait ... wait.
Many things matters
... eg - if each Your used names are 'long' then those are really unreadable!
... eg - if some cells has 'only' one name ... then that would look 'strange'.

Hi Everyone,
How can i add more employees, i have to do a 9 box for each grade level and make it out of 4 points. I would greatly appreciate any guidance or help. For grade level 2 we have 122 staff. I am willing to pay for someone to assist me on this.

Id like to provide senior leadership a 9 box for each grade level based on performance and potential out of a 4 rating instead of a 1-3. Also we have a total of 122staf for grade level. I have all the data but need assistance with the graph so it needs to be unlimited .

Back