• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

2 dropdowns based on 2 lists.

carver

Hi guys,

I've been trying to achieve the following for a while, looked up a lot of stuff online but I can't seem to manage.

I attached a file for more info.

Basically in a "List" sheet I have an extensive list of tobaccos references. Each line has a brand, the name of the tobacco and characteristics.

What I'd like to do is probably simple but everything I tried messed up the whole thing.

In several other sheets of this file, (sheet1) in the sample file, I want to have 2 drop down that will be filled dynamically with a unique distinct alphabetically sorted list of brands, and in the second dropdown, a list of the tobaccos that are from that brand.

The reason why I want to do this is that this list can grow and for now I only have managed to make a alphabetically sorted list of brands and blends together, but this list and its internal mechanics is really heavy on the system and if I extend it to manage more than a hundred names, every click in the file take several seconds.

I hope someone here can help me achieve these 2 dropdowns.

Thanks a lot.

Carver.

Attachments

• Carver_sample.xls
    247.5 KB · Views: 9
OK I realize that I wasn't very clear.

Let's rephrase.

I would like that, in other sheets, I can have 2 dropdowns list.
The first one letting me choose a brand, the second letting me choose a tobacco based on the first choice.
I hope it's clearer.

Back