• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel slicers

jayalaxmi

Hi,

Request your help/suggestion.

I wanted to know if there is a possibility that the excel slicer linked to graph few graph showing(connected) multiple selection and the same slicer can change the graph with one selection. The same slicer being linked to multiple graphs but the graph requirement with few having multiple selection and few with single selection. Or is there any way to restrict the slicer selection linked to graphs?

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Jaya

It is unclear what you want. But as long as it's Pivot Chart and you have Slicer connection defined in it's property, you can control multiple Pivot Charts through single slicer.

It is unclear what you want. But as long as it's Pivot Chart and you have Slicer connection defined in it's property, you can control multiple Pivot Charts through single slicer.
Basically I need one slicer in the whole dashboard but the pivot/graph selection is based on 4 week for few graphs and 1 week for some of the graphs.. Is that possible?

Thank you

Regards

I'm pretty sure it's possible. But really can't help without sample workbook with data sets and manually created desired outcome (in this case, mock-up drawing of desired result should suffice).

I'm pretty sure it's possible. But really can't help without sample workbook with data sets and manually created desired outcome (in this case, mock-up drawing of desired result should suffice).
Hi
Thank you for the response.
Please find attached sample template with the desired output.
Let me know for any clarifications.

Regards
Jaya

Attachments

• sample.xlsx
    52 KB · Views: 13
Ok, then you'd have access to PowerQuery and Data Model.
Basic concept is to load data to model using PQ. Then create dimension table(s) for various slicing need.
Then add DAX measure(s) to report. DAX can control what filter context to ignore as needed.

This will ensure all data source is shared, but will segregate data based on requirement in each pivot.

Just one clarification. What slicer should be connected to both? And what 4 weeks should show in 2nd pviot? Latest 4 week (i.e. Sep wk4 to Oct Wk3)?

I'm bit busy at the moment. But will give you sample when I have time.

Back