• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Question: What-if, forecasting

john8714

Hi boss,

I have a question bout what-if, forecasting. This is something I find tricky and I need your advice.

I have a scenario where I have one parameter where it contains a fixed and a variable cost and then the other that only has a variable. I need to find out the fixed cost for the latter when breaking even (at zero). Do you have an idea about how to solve this one. I have enclosed a file, and that is how far I got up to now.

Attachments

• question_eng.xlsx
    10.7 KB · Views: 4
is it possible to solve it through goal seek? Through forcing Excel to make the iterations and assign a value instead of USD 0 for the LED?

"You have to change the months or put values in the Total Hours column"

Can you please elaborate. What would Excel accept in this case, and what kind of values would be acceptable. i am not asking that you solve the puzzle, but I am confused, what would the Excel syntax accept.

Type the hours in the hours column instead of the formulas
You only need to do it for 1 cell

I do what you recommended.

set cell: c3
to value: 0
by changing cell: B25

yields an error. The C3 must have a formula.

Except I said C13 ?

The Cell you are changing cannot have a Formula
That what it is telling you

C3 does not have a formula, that is the cell that is zero. It is only currency formatted. No, formula exists there.

Back