• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Custom date format mm-dd-yyyy in csv file

ExcelSur

Hello Gurus
I am trying to change the date format in a CSV file to this date format mm-dd-yyyy (06-18-2020). I have to upload a file every week that has a lot of rows. How can I change the date format each time before I upload the file. I used the format cells and custom format and typed in mm-dd-yyyy, but when I close the file and open it again the format changes to mm/dd/yyyy.

I have uploaded a sample file.

Really appreciate your help

Attachments

• activity.csv
    559 bytes · Views: 5
ExcelSur
Why do You need to change data-format in .csv-file?
Cannot You modify it as needed then You are using it?

Hello vletm,
We use Odoo erp application and we have to upload a csv file to do bank reconciliations and the csv file date format should be mm-dd-yyyy, otherwise we cannot upload the file.

Thanks

ExcelSur
... still ... yes! as You wanted!
Or
what did You mean with Your still?

Do You write about activity.csv or modified_activity.csv?
Screenshot 2020-06-23 at 16.20.35.png
Above snapshots from both files. ... how did You open Your .csv -file? Open it without any formatting as You could see below.

ExcelSur
... still ... yes! as You wanted!
Or
what did You mean with Your still?

Do You write about activity.csv or modified_activity.csv?
View attachment 69342
Above snapshots from both files. ... how did You open Your .csv -file? Open it without any formatting as You could see below.

Hey vletm,
I was opening it in excel. I opened it in txt now and it works. Really appreciate your help

Back