• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Serial No with filtered rows.

Juniad

am trying to show the sequence of series no with filtered rows with different site. Where E Column is filter with site wise. I want to show the sequence of series for each site. see the Screen short

Here is the sample file .. i have to filter multiple site and each site in filter should separate sequence of series.

Attachments

• Sample file for series.xlsx
    12.3 KB · Views: 5
It is not working on filtered rows. without filter its working fine.. but when i filter the rows based on site name.. its getting wrong.

... almost there
Juniad .. in which part You have needed something else than with un/filtered cases?
Is there any more details which would take care?

... almost there
Juniad .. in which part You have needed something else than with un/filtered cases?
Is there any more details which would take care?
Actually my answer not yet revealed. Serial no should be in sequence if rows are not filter .. and if rows are filter based on Site Column then, if there are multiple sites filtered then each site should have own series even they are not in sort order.

Juniad
Hint: You should ask what would You like to have with the 1st message.
Any of Your changes will make more wondering even for You too.
... with or without filtering ...
If You'll send a file as reply #11 ... and ... after that as reply #12
then both could be filtered (or not) ... in both cases there has done some kind of filtering.
... only ... if You would be unselect 'Autofilter' then it could be without filter - questions?
filtered: Screenshot 2020-01-11 at 13.01.54.png non filtered: Screenshot 2020-01-11 at 13.02.03.png

Thanks @vletm !
I found the solution it would be something like this.
=IF(SUBTOTAL(3,$B$2:$B$21)<COUNTA($B$2:$B$21),COUNTIF($E$2:E2,E2),SUBTOTAL(3,$B$2:B2))
;););)

Juniad
Is something would be like something ...
How do that know is something filtered or not as well as sorted or not?
.. or do it matter?
Do You know what would those 'Sr' try to show for You?

Back