• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VBA to Consolidate Different Workbooks

Hi,

I am looking for a code to consolidate all the excel workbooks.

Steps:

All the spreadsheet will have same set of column headings
All the spreadsheet will be saved in the same folder.
One can just open a consolidated file which will have macro codes, and with the click of a button all the data from different spreadsheets will be added to the master workbook. However, column name shouldn't add.

Regards,
Manish

Attachments

• Resource Deployment Tracker_20 12 2019_CPR.xlsx
    54.2 KB · Views: 1
msharma864512
Which workbook did You upload? This file has two different column header sheets.
Folder? ... hmm? What would You mean?
Who is 'ONE' which can open ...? and how to take care that only 'ONE' could do it?
Where is the master workbook?

msharma864512
Which workbook did You upload? This file has two different column header sheets.
Folder? ... hmm? What would You mean?
Who is 'ONE' which can open ...? and how to take care that only 'ONE' could do it?
Where is the master workbook?

VBA should be written for both the sheets.
The file I attached should be the Master, and there can be similar file with same column headings in both the sheet, but with different data.
By "One", I mean, anyone can open the workbook

msharma864512
both ... All the spreadsheet will have same set of column headings ... yes.
Your ... to consolidate all the excel workbooks.
... means that it would be tricky to test this ... eg I've many Excel Workbooks ... many ... and those won't have same structure.
... hmm?
>> You should follow Marc L's link (#3 reply) <<

msharma864512
both ... All the spreadsheet will have same set of column headings ... yes.
Your ... to consolidate all the excel workbooks.
... means that it would be tricky to test this ... eg I've many Excel Workbooks ... many ... and those won't have same structure.
... hmm?
>> You should follow Marc L's link (#3 reply) <<

Hi,

I have tried Mark's link, but it is not working.

I will be having five similar workbooks, and for a start, lets try consolidating only first tab.

For e.g make a copy of the file I attach, and treat one as the Master, where you can copy the data from other five workbooks.

Regards,
Manish

Again from many threads on same subject in this forum another working sample and with useful links :​

Thank you Marc for your support, I will go through the links and try applying the same as per my requirement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back