• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Filtering challenge

mmldogs

Hi All
I have a group of Users who have to enter student rosters into a separate program based on a spreadsheet which shows student placements/ locations
They are finding the student placement roster hard to read . Is it possible to apply advanced filters to this sheet
Ideally it would be great have multiple filtering criteria along the top so that as date range could be selected , or a group , or a placement location such as "ÄDH""CAN"with a date range. Looking at multiple criteria if possible

Then show this data under the search criteria
I don't think that the Uni could have produced anything more complicated than this . Is just really hard to read especially when you have to input rosters into another program based on the students location
I have done some research and though advanced filters by multiple criteria would work.
I hope someone will take up the challenge . I dont know enough about filtering to know if this is the best solution
Any assistance gratefully received
PS I only have excel

Attachments

• Copy of V4 Working Draft _ 2020 BDS5 Placement Roster updated 10 Sept.xlsx
    240.7 KB · Views: 1
Hi !​
A must read :​

Hi !​
A must read :​
I misunderstood I thought this was for a challenge to be taken up will post eleewhere

mmldogs
You can MOVE Your thread to 'correct' forum.
If cannot ... then answer here, to which forum do You want to move this.

I got caught with the title my mistake apologies . Could this be moved to "ask an excel question please ..

The sheet is so large and cumbersome that we hate using it . We would like to so that only the relevant information for rostering is shown. Additional to that many mistakes are made on the the student location sheet so it would be beneficial to be able to sort by group or student or location and student name , or say date range and group . So many combinations .
I have found a file that may work for my situation .
Can I adapt the principles found in the template auto filter with the filter selection at the top and results shown at the bottom or is there an easier way to go about it . Or abandon the idea. looking to work smarter not harder

Attachments

• Template-Auto-Filter.xlsm
    320.1 KB · Views: 2
Back