• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

take subtotals of production time

Lasantha

Hi team,

Could you please help me to take subtotals of column H(Production time).

i need total production time of each individuals.

thank you ,
Lasantha.

Attachments

• Att report.xlsx
    32.4 KB · Views: 4
Dear Narayan,

thank you very much for the reply.

can you please review this again if you have a time. totals are not accurate.

some individual's total production time is zero(0). but when i checked the details, there is some production time.

thank you very much for your time.
Lasantha.

Attachments

• TEST.xlsx
    48 KB · Views: 1
Alternative for pivot: in the Data tab of the ribbon go to Outline and press on SubTotal.
But... I've noticed your column H is not formatted as time (might be the problem in the pivot as well). Hence some results are "0".
When I formatted the column as time and did a text to column it worked.
upload_2018-1-11_13-11-1.png

Attachments

• Att report.xlsx
    49.9 KB · Views: 1
Alternative for pivot: in the Data tab of the ribbon go to Outline and press on SubTotal.
But... I've noticed your column H is not formatted as time (might be the problem in the pivot as well). Hence some results are "0".
When I formatted the column as time and did a text to column it worked.
View attachment 48839

Hi ,

thank you very much for this and your time.
have a nice day.

Lasantha.

Dear Narayan,

thank you very much for the reply.

can you please review this again if you have a time. totals are not accurate.

some individual's total production time is zero(0). but when i checked the details, there is some production time.

thank you very much for your time.
Lasantha.
Hi ,

The problem was as Guido has already mentioned ; doing a Text to Columns converted all the values to times.

Another option would have been to replace the static time values in column H with the formula , as shown in the attached file.

Narayan

Attachments

• TEST.xlsx
    55.7 KB · Views: 3
Hi ,

The problem was as Guido has already mentioned ; doing a Text to Columns converted all the values to times.

Another option would have been to replace the static time values in column H with the formula , as shown in the attached file.

Narayan

Great, thank you very much.

thank you @GraH - Guido ,

can you please give me more details, how to do this.

Lasantha.
My pleasure... Which version of Excel are you using? Power Query is available as from v2010 for windows users. But depending on the version, different ways to get it on the ribbon. You can check out some posts on the topic on the blog or the MS site.
Once installed/activated on your side, we can exchange some private messages, if you'd need more help afterwards. It is rather easy to start using this.

Back