• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel for Mac Running very slow on PC

Jenn1981

Hi!! Im Jenn.
I received an Excel file from a Mac user and every time I open the file on my pc it's very slow calculating formulas. The file only has 100 rows.
In the right bottom corner, it says 4 processors and the percent complete.It takes 30 minutes to reach 100%. I tried everything. Even removed all the add-ons in excel. This doesn't happen on a non-mac excel. It will screw all my excel files for some reason anytime I open an Excel Mac.

Thank you.

i tried everything in the ink but still didn't work.

Try,

1) Open Font Book Application

2) Under EDIT, select LOOK FOR ENABLED DUPLICATES

3) Automatically resolve any duplicates found

4) Select all fonts, then under FILE select VALIDATE FONT

5) Remove all fonts showing any type of error or warning. Some will be system fonts and will require you to enter your password…go ahead and do it…get them all out of your system.

6) Under FILE, select RESTORE STANDARD FONTS. This will pull out everything except standard fonts. You will probably get a message saying that some of the standard fonts are missing and asking you to restore them by reinstalling the operating system…don't bother doing it though. The missing fonts are likely ones that got tossed out when you VALIDATED FONT and threw out the ones causing warnings/errors.

7) Open your OS Library and look for the FONT folder. You should also see FONTS (REMOVED) and FONTS DISABLED. Open the FONTS (REMOVED) folder and find the MICROSOFT folder. Drag this back into your FONTS folder…it will proceed to copy over. i.e. a copy will remain in FONTS (REMOVED) and a new copy will be formed in FONTS.

8) Finally, for good measure use Disk Utility to repair disk permissions and then restart.

One of my friends suggest those steps.....those are helpful for her.

Currently, I am not using MAC OS...but my opinion is Excel 2013 or 2016 is much user-friendly then Excel for Mac

Try,

5) Remove all fonts showing any type of error or warning. Some will be system fonts and will require you to enter your password…go ahead and do it…get them all out of your system.

6) Under FILE, select RESTORE STANDARD FONTS. This will pull out everything except standard fonts. You will probably get a message saying that some of the standard fonts are missing and asking you to restore them by reinstalling the operating system…don't bother doing it though. The missing fonts are likely ones that got tossed out when you VALIDATED FONT and threw out the ones causing warnings/errors.

7) Open your OS Library and look for the FONT folder. You should also see FONTS (REMOVED) and FONTS DISABLED. Open the FONTS (REMOVED) folder and find the MICROSOFT folder. Drag this back into your FONTS folder…it will proceed to copy over. i.e. a copy will remain in FONTS (REMOVED) and a new copy will be formed in FONTS.

8) Finally, for good measure use Disk Utility to repair disk permissions and then restart.

Currently, I am not using MAC OS...but my opinion is Excel 2013 or 2016 is much user-friendly then Excel for Mac
thank you.

Try,

Hi S DAS, im consufed. im currently using a pc. Are these instructions for a mac?

In the file are there any links to external files, including ADO, SQL or other connections, Hyper Links to other files etc ?

There are fundamental differences between Excel for a PC and Excel for Mac if there where not you could run one type of Excel on both types of Operating systems, you can not.
The operating systems that run on the different types of machine are poles apart, that is why there are different Excel programs.
By trying to force PC Excel to run MAC Excel you are close to totally screwing up your system.

Back