• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Extract Data from a List of URL's

Amar Shafi

I have a list of URL's each URL refers to a different company.
I just simply need to populate the "Firm Partners" name in column K (refer to the yellow cells in the spreadsheet), using the link/website available in column F (refer to the green cells in the spreadsheet).

Your help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• Firm Partners.png
    Firm Partners.png
    509.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Directory - London Only.xlsm
    605.9 KB · Views: 14
Need bit more detail really. Does it need to be UDF? Or can it be Macro that fills values in cells? etc.
I would like a UDF (User Defined Function) as this would be better for me as I am no VBA expert.

Also if possible I am looking to scrape other websites as well, so if a easy solution can be build to scrape those other websites as well that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your continued support.

2nd part is pretty much impossible. Since every website has it's own structure and how data populates the site.

For the first part, something like below. Though I don't recommend UDF approach for getting info off the web.

Code:
Function GetPartner(cel As Range) As String
    Dim xml As Object
    Dim x

Set xml = CreateObject("MSXML2.xmlHttp")

With xml
        .Open "GET", cel.Value, False
        .send
        x = Split(Split(Split(.responseText, "Firm partners")(1), "<li>")(1), "</li>")(0)
    End With

GetPartner = x
End Function

Hey Chihiro,

Sorry for the delayed response. I just really wanted to thank you for the Macro you have provided to me.

I really appreciate it. Your a true Excel Ninja.

Back