• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Grade Dashboard

Hi All,

When you take a look at the file I downloaded for you, can you please tell me how you got the Individual Performance box to look like that and how the drop down arrow became like that? Thank you. Joe, Michigan.

Attachments

• Grade evaluation.xlsx
    29.1 KB · Views: 34
Hi ,

The student selection dropdown is a Form control which has been named Drop Down 2. Surrounding this is a shape which has been named Rectangle 7.

The Individual Performance box , I assume , is the one which displays the name of the selected student.

This is a picture placeholder named Picture 5. It is connected to a named range called Pic. If you click on the Name Manager , you can see that this has the following formula in the Refers To box :

=CHOOSE(Main!$Q$1,Lora,Demetrius,James,Keith,Richard,Sarah,Adam,Orlando,Mathew,John,Joseph)

The first parameter , colored red , is a number from 1 to 11 , which gives the position of the selected student in the list of names ; thus if Lora is selected , this will return 1 because Lora is the first name in the list , while if Joseph is selected , this will return 11 because Joseph is the 11th name in the list.

The remaining parameters , colored blue , are all named ranges , which refer to the ranges which contain shapes that have the individual student names in them. These are in the tab named Calc.

Narayan

Hi ,

The student selection dropdown is a Form control which has been named Drop Down 2. Surrounding this is a shape which has been named Rectangle 7.

The Individual Performance box , I assume , is the one which displays the name of the selected student.

This is a picture placeholder named Picture 5. It is connected to a named range called Pic. If you click on the Name Manager , you can see that this has the following formula in the Refers To box :

=CHOOSE(Main!$Q$1,Lora,Demetrius,James,Keith,Richard,Sarah,Adam,Orlando,Mathew,John,Joseph)

The first parameter , colored red , is a number from 1 to 11 , which gives the position of the selected student in the list of names ; thus if Lora is selected , this will return 1 because Lora is the first name in the list , while if Joseph is selected , this will return 11 because Joseph is the 11th name in the list.

The remaining parameters , colored blue , are all named ranges , which refer to the ranges which contain shapes that have the individual student names in them. These are in the tab named Calc.

Narayan
Hi Narayan,

Thank you for responding to my thread. Not sure what you meant by the explanation. What I needed to know is how you created the individual performance box looking like that and how the drop down arrow was created.
Can you send me directions on how this was done? I would appreciate.

Hi ,

I am equally unsure as to what you mean by wanting directions.

If you go through my comment along with the workbook , you will see exactly what the dropdown arrow is , what the individual performance box is.

The dropdown arrow is what is called a Form control combobox ; to insert this in a worksheet , click on Developer , Insert. You will find two sections in the menu , one labelled Form Control and the other labelled ActiveX control.

In the section labelled Form Control , click on Combobox.

For the individual performance box , click on Insert , Picture. Select any picture from the available ones on your hard disk and click on Insert. Now , with the picture selected , in the formula bar , enter :

=Pic

The selected student's name will be displayed in the picture placeholder.

Narayan

Hi ,

I am equally unsure as to what you mean by wanting directions.

If you go through my comment along with the workbook , you will see exactly what the dropdown arrow is , what the individual performance box is.

The dropdown arrow is what is called a Form control combobox ; to insert this in a worksheet , click on Developer , Insert. You will find two sections in the menu , one labelled Form Control and the other labelled ActiveX control.

In the section labelled Form Control , click on Combobox.

For the individual performance box , click on Insert , Picture. Select any picture from the available ones on your hard disk and click on Insert. Now , with the picture selected , in the formula bar , enter :

=Pic

The selected student's name will be displayed in the picture placeholder.

Narayan
Thank you Narayan. I understood it better now.

Back