• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Payment workbook Customization.

Shabbo

Dear sir,

Reference to attached sheet, I wanted to lookup the vendor name from Hire and Hire2 sheet, Column O contains Voucher number Column C should the vendor name, column C should come from Hire and Hire2 sheet on the basis of Voucher name.

But if the Vendor name from Hire2 sheet then account name should be fuel expenses.

Attachments

• Excelworksheet.xlsx
    15.2 KB · Views: 13
Hi ,

Your requirement is not clear.

1. Which column is the account name ?

2. In which cell / column is the formula to be entered ?

3. What should the formula return if the lookup value is found in the tab named Hire ?

4. What should the formula return if the lookup value is found in the tab named Hire2 ?

Narayan

Hi ,

Your requirement is not clear.

1. Which column is the account name ?

2. In which cell / column is the formula to be entered ?

3. What should the formula return if the lookup value is found in the tab named Hire ?

4. What should the formula return if the lookup value is found in the tab named Hire2 ?

Narayan
Which column is the account name ?1) account name is in Payment sheet Column c,
2) formula to be entered in C:C
3) if the lookup value found in tab named hire then account name should be vendor name.
4) if the lookup value found in tab named hire2 then account name should be fuel expenses.
Vlookup will not work because if I missed an entry to make in Hire list then also it show as fuel expenses but fuel expenses should be shown only for hire2 vehicles. for example if I missed a entry/Voucher number : V171803042 to make entry in hire list then also vlookup will show as fuel expenses.

Hi ,

It is still not clear.

We will first lookup the value in column O , in the column C in the Hire tab to see if the voucher number exists in this tab.

If it exists , the retrieved vendor name can certainly be displayed.

What if the voucher number does not exist in the Hire tab ? What is to be done ?

If you say that in this case , the lookup should be done in column B in the Hire2 tab , then how will we ever find out whether an entry was missed in the Hire tab ?

Narayan

Hi ,

It is still not clear.

We will first lookup the value in column O , in the column C in the Hire tab to see if the voucher number exists in this tab.

If it exists , the retrieved vendor name can certainly be displayed.

What if the voucher number does not exist in the Hire tab ? What is to be done ?

If you say that in this case , the lookup should be done in column B in the Hire2 tab , then how will we ever find out whether an entry was missed in the Hire tab ?

Narayan
Dear Sir,

One suggestion: can you please write formula to see if the Vehicle number from hire2 sheet then fuel expenses else vendor name from hire sheet.

Hi ,

See if this is OK.

Narayan
Dear Sir,
Formula works fine thanks for the same, just one more thing to be added.

If There is a voucher number in O column and Column C is Vendor then J column should be billing- N column P3- column O Voucher no. and Column P date

If There is a voucher number in O column and If Column C is then Fuel expenses J column should be Tripexp - K column P2- column L Voucher no. and Column L date.

But if there is no Voucher number then Billing and Tripexp both should be blank.

I have attached my excel for your ready reference.

Attachments

• Sample File.xlsx
    18 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back